The Iraq Britain Business Council brings together business, trade and investment, for the benefit of the Republic of Iraq and its members.
It is a powerful network of some of the most important global corporations as well as key Iraqi and British companies and trade chambers and enjoys the highest-level of support from governments and the European Union.
Committed to a free, prosperous and diverse Iraq, IBBC has created extremely strong relationships to benefit business, industry and the people of Iraq. IBBC is fully supported in its goals by the Iraqi Government, and its National Investment Commission.
IBBC is more than a business initiator. It promotes best practice and international standards as well as transferring technology and know-how.
IBBC, funded privately by its members, operates through independent secretariats in London, Baghdad, Basrah and Erbil.
In addition to frequent Sector Table meetings, Business Council meetings, and Founding Members’ Board meetings, yearly IBBC Events include:
- 1 major conference in London.
- 1 major conference in Dubai.
- An annual weekend retreat, exclusive to members is held at Cumberland Lodge, The Great Park, Windsor, where invited speakers add to a discussion about a topic of relevance.
- Round-table dinners and receptions – up to eight a year – are held at venues including the House of Lords and London’s Reform Club.
- Occasional seminars and study groups on subjects of high value – such as the fight against corruption and the impact of the Bribery Act.
- Frequent trade delegations are arranged, varying in location between Baghdad, Basrah and Erbil.
- The IBBC attends and supports events organised by member companies including conferences from which reports are compiled and circulated.
- The IBBC also frequently receives high level Iraqi delegations including senior ministers and officials.
- In addition the IBBC regularly meets and is involved in round table discussions with UK Government ministries and bodies including the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, UKTI, UK Border Agency and Export Credit Finance.
- Our work also includes taking up specific issues on behalf of member companies with senior British and Iraqi officials.