IBBC MEMBERS PROFILE
Petrofac is an international oilfield service company, constantly evolving, innovating and creating value for its stakeholders.
For over 30 years we have been building our capability, increasing the scale and scope of our service offering. Today, Petrofac can provide services to customers across the entire spectrum of the oil and gas asset life cycle, on either a stand-alone or integrated basis, under flexible commercial models which are tailored to a customer’s needs.
- design and build oil and gas infrastructure
- operate, maintain and manage assets and
- train personnel
We are fully committed to investing in our long-term presence in Iraq; we work closely with the National and International Oil Companies present in country, as well as potential local partners and contractors who can support us. We also work with local communities to help them share the benefits of energy production.
We are currently engaged on a range of projects worth more than US$1 billion:
- Majnoon oil field – awarded by Shell, a contract to provide engineering, procurement and construction management for the development of a new early production facility
- Rumaila oil field – an inspection, maintenance and repair contract for BP, covering rotating machinery, degassing stations and cluster pumping stations
- Badra oil field – engineering, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up work on the Badra developments central processing facility for Gazprom
- Crude Oil Expansion Project – awarded by Iraq’s South Oil Company, a contract to provide offshore operations and maintenance services for the new oil export facilities
Employing local talent is something Petrofac tries to do in every market, and Iraq is no exception. We continue to recruit actively in the local market to support both current and anticipated projects. There is potential to help people develop new skills or keep their skills up to date. We have several training contracts in place, and our training business is expected to grow when the Rumaila Operating Organisation academy opens.
For more information, visit petrofac.com