IBBC EVENTS AND CONFERENCE
Spring Conference 2018
IBBC Spring Conference 2018
Iraq: Building a diversified and modern economy
Tuesday 24 April at Mansion House, London
IBBC’s Spring Conference returns on 24 April 2018, bringing to the heart of London the preeminent political and business figures involved in business and the economy of Iraq.
The IBBC Spring Conference, held at the prestigious Mansion House, the home and office of the Lord Mayor of London, is traditionally IBBC’s flagship event. Which attracts suppliers, investors, producers and buyers from Iraq, the UK and the wider international business community. The conference facilitates discussions with influential decision makers, Iraqi delegations and ministers, covering all major market and development sectors.
Topics on the agenda include:
- Technology ‘Developing Iraq’s digital economy’
- Oil & Gas
- Education and Training
- Growth and Diversification of the Iraq Private Sector
Each session will emphasise the growing business opportunities for interested companies.
Positive outlook for 2018.
There is huge potential to bring lasting positive change to Iraq in 2018, most notably with the recent territorial defeat of ISIS, which has encouraged investors back into the country to work on projects on Oil&Gas, Reconstruction & Infrastructure, Energy, Training and more.
As Iraq takes steps towards a more stable future, the IBBC and its Members are committed to supporting all efforts of reconstruction, stabilisation and economic development in the year ahead.
Speakers for the Spring Conference 2018 are currently being finalised, with regular updates expected soon.
Past speakers at recent IBBC events include:
- Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Iraq and President of IBBC
- H.E. Mr Qasim Al-Fahdawi, Minister of Electricity
- H.E. Mr Abullah Al Saleh, Under Secretary Foreign Trade and Industry, UAE Ministry of Economy
- H.E. Mr Kadhim Finjan Al Hamimi, Minister of Transport
- H.E. Mrs Ann Nafi Aussi Balbool, Minister of Construction, Housing and Public Municipalities
- H.E. Mr Fayadh Hassan Nima, Deputy Minister for Refining Affairs, Ministry of Oil
- Jon Wilks, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Iraq
- Tobias Ellwood MP, UK Minister for Middle East and Africa FCO
- Louis Taylor, Chief Executive, UK Export Finance
- Shanker Singham, The Legatum Institute
- Marcus Antonini, Vice President and Country Chairman, Shell Iraq
- Mike Wenham, Commercial Manager, BP
- Alistair Kett, Partner, PwC
- Frederic Ribieras, Vice President & CFO, Global Growth Operations, GE
- Bishr Bakr, Managing Partner Jordan & Iraq, Ernst & Young
- Ali Al-Zahid, CEO, Zain
- Martin Sinkuler, Head of Oil&Gas, Middle East and Asia Pacific, Siemens
- Tarek Hamade, Environment & Infrastructure lead for the Middle East, Wood
The Iraq Britain Business Council has continued to expand in a constructive 2017. Christophe Michels, MD of IBBC says “2017 has been an exceptional year for IBBC both in the volume and quality of attendees to our conferences in UK and Dubai, the very well attended and successful trade missions to Baghdad and Basrah and for the number of International and Iraqi companies that have joined our network”. New IBBC members Chevron, Al Burhan, Shamara and Ratba groups, Leicester and Northampton University, Serco, Rolls Royce, MenziesAviation, AlBilal Group, Al Jaber Group and Xreach. All in all we are seeing confidence and opportunity return to Iraq, especially across the sectors of Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, Power and Education, with the promise of Tech and Professional services to follow in the coming year.”
For any enquiries, including sponsorship opportunities, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org