IBBC EVENTS AND CONFERENCE
Spring Conference 2018
IBBC Spring Conference 2018
Iraq: Building a diversified and modern economy
Tuesday 24 April at Mansion House, London
IBBC’s Spring Conference returns on 24 April 2018, bringing to the heart of London the preeminent political and business figures involved in business and the economy of Iraq.
The IBBC Spring Conference, held at the prestigious Mansion House, the home and office of the Lord Mayor of London, is traditionally IBBC’s flagship event. Which attracts suppliers, investors, producers and buyers from Iraq, the UK and the wider international business community. The conference facilitates discussions with influential decision makers, Iraqi delegations and ministers, covering all major market and development sectors.
Addresses will be given by the following distinguished speakers:
- Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Iraq and President of IBBC
- Ambassador Jon Wilks, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq, British Embassy
- Alderman Sir Alan Yarrow, Lord Mayor, Locum Tenens
- Baroness Fairhead CBE, Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion, Department for International Trade
- H.E. Dr Abdul Kariem Al Faisal, Chairman of the Iraqi Prime Minister’s Advisory Commission (PMAC)
Topics on the agenda include:
Finance: ‘Criteria and process for obtaining major project finance’ Chair: Mr Gavin Wishart, IBBC
- Mr Richard S. Wilkins, Executive Director – Export Finance, JP Morgan
- Mr Tom Longmuir, Counsel, Allen & Overy LLP
- Mr Guto Davies, Managing Director – Global ECA CoE Leader, GE Capital
- Mr David Craig, Deputy Head of Civil Infrastructure and Energy Business, UK Export Finance
Technology: ‘Developing Iraq’s digital economy’ Chair: Mr Ashley Goodall, IBBC
- Mr Ahmed Elkady, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Mr Ali Al Dahwi, Consultant, Management Partners
- Mr Chris Fergusson, Director at The Cabinet Office (Government Digital Service)
- Mr Mohammed Khudairi, Managing Partner, Khudairi Group
Oil & Gas: ‘Need for locally available products and services – how the sector can help diversification of Iraq’s economy’ Chair: Mr Vikas Handa, IBBC
- Dr Mark Wharton, Development Manager, Shell Iraq
- Mr Mike Wenham, Commercial Manager, BP Iraq
- Representative from the Ministry of Oil, Government of Iraq
- Representative from the Ministry of Industry, Government of Iraq
- Mr Bob Dastmalchi, Vice President, Business Development, Chevron
- Mr Craig Jones, Deputy Director, Oil & Gas, Department for International Trade
Education and Training: ‘Developing human capital in Iraq’
Chair & Presentation: Professor Paul Boyle, President & Vice Chancellor, Leicester University
- Mr Alex Haynes, Senior VP Business Development AMEA & Southern Europe, Wood
- Mr Saadi Faraj Muthanna, Business Development Manager, Al Nukhba-OFS FZCO
Each session will emphasise the growing business opportunities for international companies.
Positive outlook for 2018.
There is huge potential to bring lasting positive change to Iraq in 2018, most notably with the improved security situation, the rise and stability of regional Oil prices and an increase in foreign aid, which has encouraged investors back into the country to work on projects on Oil & Gas, Reconstruction & Infrastructure, Energy, Training and more.As Iraq takes steps towards a more stable future, the IBBC and its Members are committed to supporting all efforts of reconstruction, stabilisation and economic development in the year ahead.
IBBC expects high attendances at the conference and the new in-depth round tables are designed for closer business interaction with delegates and prospects, as well as pre- and post- networking events to meet the people that matter to you.
The registration fee for non-members is £1000. IBBC Members and Global Partner Organisations are entitled to special discounted rates. To request the discount codes, further information about sponsorship opportunities or if you need assistance, please email the IBBC team at email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 20 7222 7100.
Download: Draft Spring Conference Agenda