IBBC EVENTS AND CONFERENCE
Spring Conference 2017
IBBC Spring Conference 2017
Iraq: Rising Confidence
Monday 3 April at Mansion House, London
Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, IBBC President, the Executive Committee and Council Members, are pleased to invite you to the IBBC Spring Conference to be held on Monday 3 April 2017 at the prestigious Mansion House in London. The conference is the place to hear about the latest developments in Iraq from top level UK and Iraqi officials, businessmen and academics.
The IBBC Spring Conference has developed into a crucial event for the development and investment of Iraq globally, and this year’s agenda is once again shaping up tremendously, with the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Dr Andrew Parmley, having agreed to open the conference.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, President, IBBC
- Frank Baker OBE, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Iraq
- Mr Abbas Imran Mousa Al-Zubaidi, Deputy Minister of Transport, Government of Iraq
- Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Undersecretary of State for the Middle East, Africa and Counter Terrorism
- Marcus Antonini, Vice President and Country Chairman, Shell Iraq
- Alistair Kett, Partner, PwC
- Christian Josz, Deputy Division Chief, Middle East and Central Asia Department, International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Louis Taylor, Chief Executive, UK Export Finance
- Omar Hassan, Founder & CEO, Inevert
- Frederic Ribieras, CFO and Vice President Global, General Electric (GE)
- Mr Musaab Sirry Mahmood Al Mudarrs, Ministry of Electricity
- Ramesh Kanagaraj, General Manager, Weir Solutions
- Maeve Walsh, Deputy Director, Digital Economy Unit. Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Yazen Altimimi, CEO, ZainCash
- Botan Osman, Managing Director, Restrata
- Iain Rawlinson, Group Commercial Director, Gulftainer
Our theme this year is ‘Iraq: Rising Confidence’. With an increasingly secure climate, international monetary loans, and an appetite for business and civic investment, IBBC has convened the top experts involved with business in Iraq to discuss the best economic and investment strategies to benefit from Iraq’s Rising Confidence in 2017.
Topics on the agenda include:
– Power/electricity supply
– Oil and Gas
– Technology, Growth and Innovation
– Iraq after ISIS: Challenges and Opportunities
Each session will emphasise the business opportunities for UK-based companies.
Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne will host a reception for delegates and special guests following the conference at the nearby venue of Searcy’s at 18:30.
The IBBC team looks forward to seeing you at the Spring Conference.
Confirmed conference speakers include: