IBBC EVENTS AND CONFERENCE
AUTUMN CONFERENCE 2016
IBBC Autumn Conference 2016: ‘Doing Business in Iraq’
18 December 2016, The Address Dubai Marina, Dubai
The Iraq Britain Business Council (IBBC) is pleased to invite you to the IBBC Autumn Conference at The Address Hotel Dubai Marina, United Arab Emirates, on Sunday 18 December 2016. The conference marks the first time the IBBC has held an event in the UAE, a hub for global and regional companies that operate in the Middle East.
The theme of this year’s Autumn Conference is ‘Doing Business in Iraq’. It is a must-attend conference for people who work in Iraq, as well as people who are interested in setting up a business or expanding their operations in the country.
Bringing together business leaders and key decision-makers from Iraq, UAE and the UK, the conference will explore:
- The Iraq oil and gas sector in 2016
- Opportunities in power generation and electricity supply
- Opportunities in the private sector
The IBBC Autumn Conference 2016 will be chaired by Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, IBBC’s Executive Chairman and the Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Iraq, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, and led by the following confirmed speakers:
- H.E. Mr Jabbar A.H. Al-Luiebi, Minister of Oil, Iraq
- H.E. Mr Kadhim Finjan Al-Hamami, Minister of Transport, Iraq
- Frank Baker OBE, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Iraq
- Ariel Flores, GM, BP (Rumaila Operating Organisation)
- Marcus Antonini, Vice President and Country Chairman, Shell Iraq
- Vikas Handa, Managing Director of Beas LLC and Partner with Synergy Capital U.K.
- Gavin Rennie, Global Power and Utilities Emerging Markets Leader, Ernst & Young
- Zeeshan Sheikh, Investment Officer, International Finance Corporation (IFC) – World Bank
- Dr Jafar Dhia Jafar, CEO, URUK Engineering and Contracting Co.
- Salem Chalabi, Partner, Stephenson Horwood
- Amar Shubar, Partner, Management Partners
- Marwa Al Nasaa, Resident Representative for Iraq, International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Dennis Flannery, Managing Director, Iraq Country Head & Representative, Citibank
- Asrar Abdulhussein Mohammed, General Manager, International Islamic Bank
- Afif Masri, Middle East Partner, PwC
- Iain Rawlinson, Commercial Director, Gulftainer
- Peter Turner, Senior Vice President, SKA International
- Saad Mizeel Hussein Shamkhi, National Investment Commission (NIC)
- Jorge Vila, Iraq Middle Market Development Foundation (IMMDF)
A reception and buffet will be held on Sunday 18 December 2016 at 5.45pm to mark the end of the conference.
IBBC warmly thanks Al-Iraqia for Money Transfer Company, which has generously agreed to be the event’s principal partner, in addition to lead sponsors Gulftainer and Weir Group for their support. Completing the sponsorship line-up are SKA International, which will serve as the lunch sponsor, and the Iraq Middle Market Development Foundation (IMMDF).
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please email email@example.com for details.
Registration is now open. The registration fee for non-members is £700. IBBC members and members of partner organisations are entitled to special discounted rates. To request the discount codes or if you need assistance, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7222 7100.
The IBBC team looks forward to seeing you in Dubai for the Autumn Conference.
Past speakers at our Autumn Conference include:
Read more about our previous Autumn Conferences: