IBBC holds successful Spring Conference to showcase Iraq’s Rising Confidence, 3 April
IBBC held its annual Spring Conference on the 5th of April 2017. The conference was well attended by delegates from a multitude of businesses and organisations who share a vested interest in Iraq and the wider region.
The conference also saw a large delegation of influential Iraqi businesspersons from various Chambers of Commerce, located all over Iraq.
The conference opened with speeches from the Rt Hon. Lord Mayor of the City of London, Andrew Parmley, Dara Rasheed Yara, the Senior Deputy Minister for Housing, Construction and Municipalities, Frank Baker OBE, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Iraq among other distinguished speakers.
The conference included sessions on
- Power, chaired by Lord Howell of Guildford
- Technology, Growth & Innovation, chaired by Maeve Walsh, DCMS
- Finance, chaired by Shanker Singham, Legatum Institute
- Oil & Gas, chaired by Neill Quilliam, Chatham House
- Iraq after Isis, Eng. Rasmi Al-Jabri, Basrah Engineering Group and Deputy Chairman of IBBC